Company Formation

WITCORP Setting Up Services

Foreign investments are permitted in the United Arab Emirates’ mainland as well as in any of the more than forty-five strategically located free zones. A mainland UAE setup lets you serve the local market, but it limits foreign ownership to 49% (a GCC national must hold the remaining 51% of the shares). Nonetheless, 100% foreign ownership is now permitted in specific industries under the recently passed Foreign Direct Investment Law (or “FDI law”), provided certain requirements are met.

However, free zones already allow for 100% foreign ownership and come with their own set of unique rules, incentives, and expenses. While some free zones are intended for VAT exemptions, others encourage investments particular to certain industries.

How are we able to assist?

  • Help a firm establish a local presence by providing a framework that both satisfies local requirements and advances the company’s objectives.
  • Determine whether establishing a Mainland UAE LLC, Mainland UAE Branch, FZ branch, or FZ Company is feasible in order to carry out the suggested operations.
  • Examine several investment zones and the requirements that go along with them to give businesses a variety of possibilities. Before moving forward with the registration procedure, it is strongly advised to conduct a feasibility study or analysis to determine which investment zone best suits the needs of the business.
  • Registering the company, getting business permits, and helping with registrations with other government agencies, such as Dubai Municipality and Dubai Customs, among others.
  • Assist you obtain the required work permits, employment visas, and residences permits in the UAE.